Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tinted Nails

Okay, so I know that I had sworn off of any more Revlon polishes, but when I spotted these Just Tinted polishes at Walgreens I couldn't resist.  I really wanted to try them.  And I had already picked up a bottle of Seche Vite, so I knew I could stop any bubbling in it's tracks with it.  

These were buy one get one half off at Walgreens, so I picked Dawn and Victorian.  Dawn is a orange salmon color and Victorian is a bright neon pink.  I like the Twilight-esque print on these and the frosty bottle.  
 Left to right: Dawn and Victorian
Pictured here is Dawn with four coats.  These are meant to be a sheer tint on the nails, so you will have visible nail line.  I took extra care removing my previous mani and used a base before applying this color.  The first coat was horrendous.  There was so much streaking and it was very, very sheer.  Two coats was still streaky.  Three was a little bit better.  Four is where I stopped.  Drying time is okay on these, not the quickest.  What got me is where this color applied wet and jelly-like on the nail, it dried to a semi matte, dull color. But, happily, no bubbling!  See pictures below to reference:
Here I topped the four coats of Dawn with one coat of Seche Vite.  There is the shiny look I was going for!  It looks so squishy and jelly-like!
This above picture is of the day after, I actually applied two more coats of Dawn. (Yes-that's 6 coats total!)  Here the visible nail line is harder to identify and you can see the squishiness and jelly-like appearance much better.

And here is Victorian.  This was four coats and topped with one coat of Seche Vite. 
I like these but not really in love with them.  The sheerness is something different, and I really don't mind the sheerness.  It's the finish that I don't like.  I have to top it with a topcoat for me to be happy.  Again, dry time is okay on these, but I like to apply several coats before I am happy with the look.

Have you tried these?  What do you think of them?

Tinted nails,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment