Sunday, July 31, 2011

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick-Top Notch Tulip

This is Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in the color Top Notch Tulip.  Very pretty color right?  SO gorgeous.  I bought this from Target, where it was marked down on clearance for $4.54, but I had a manufacturer coupon for $2 off and a Target coupon for $1 off, so I got this for next to nothing.  There were more colors available on clearance and for full price. These Revlon liquid lipsticks retailed for around $8 at Target.
 Revlon ColorStay Liquid Lipstick in Top Notch Tulip
This liquid lipstick is a shimmery rose gold color.  It comes with the standard doe foot applicator and has a slight scent to it, but nothing too overpowering.  
The consistency is something that I have to get used to.  I thought that it would feel more like a gloss and wear like a lipstick.  I was wrong.  The color is very pretty but it literally felt like I was wearing a glue stick on my lips.  Very sticky and super unpleasant.  Not only did it make my lips feel very dry, the color doesn't last very long either.  Here is what my lips looked like after eating and drinking.
It looks like my lips are diseased. lol.  There is no way to remedy this.  Very disappointing...  It doesn't come off with just tissue or your finger either if you want to remove it, so I broke out the big guns...make up remover wipes.

In all, I love the color and how full and pretty it makes my lips look, but the stickiness factor and the wear time make this impossible for me to declare it as a new found favorite.  A definite miss.  I will not be purchasing any more colors from this particular line.

xoxo,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment