Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shop til we drop!

I had such a good time shopping at H&M with my mom in Chicago.  We literally shopped til we dropped.  My feet and my back hurt so bad, but we were determined to hit all of the stores that we wanted to on the Magnificent Mile.  This blog entry here is what I picked out at H&M.  

This sheer pink and white tunic was $29.95.  I got a size 8.  I love the cut and how fluttery it is.  I also got out a white spaghetti strap tank top for $5.99 to wear under the tunic, also a size 8.  
 Without flash
 With flash
Up close shot of the pattern
I also got this eye shadow quad for $3.99.  These have quite a bit of shimmer in them.  I swatched them back in my hotel room and they kind of disappointed me.  I had hoped for more color payoff.  They are rather powdery.  Here they are swatched dry with no primer underneath.
 Closeup of colors in palette
 Swatches:
While waiting to check out, I dug through the bins and found these lipglosses.  These were $1.95 each.  I liked the animal print tops even though the glosses contained quite a bit of glitter.  I picked out a coral color and a pink color. Again, these lack pigmentation, but luckily the glitter is sparse on the lips.  They also have a overly sugary scent to them.  I will probably toss them in my purse or backpack for an emergency on-the-go application.  
I looked all over the store, but couldn't find any polishes except for a few mini polishes and a few select colors.  Nothing really jumped out at me except for this color.  It is an ivory polish with some shimmer running through it.  I expect it to be rather sheer but swatches and a mani of it will come soon enough.
Lastly, this adorable straw fedora was in the boy's section.  I thought that E would look so cute in it!  I could see him wearing it with his little white ribbed tank top and plaid shorts.   My mom actually bought this for E.  This fedora was around $9 if I remember correctly. 
I wish that we had an H&M here in town.  I love their summer dresses and how affordable and chic their clothing is.  What are you favorite H&M finds?


Tunic love,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment