Friday, July 29, 2011

Rockstar Nails-Glitter Tutorial

Here is another fun glitter look that I created earlier this week for your nails:
And I took pictures to show you a quick tutorial of what I did to achieve this look.  Here are all of the products that I used.
Left to right:  Seche Vite, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine in Sparked, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Rockstar Pink, H&M polish in Sea Pearl
Tutorial:
1.  Prep nails.  Add base coat.
2.  After base coat is dry, apply one coat 
of H&M Sea Pearl all over nails. 
3.  Using Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine polish in Sparked, 
paint color only on top third of nail.  
Bring up the color randomly over the nail bed towards the cuticle.
Let dry.
4.  Using the same polish, go over just the tips to intensify the color.
 You can leave this just the way it is and just apply topcoat.  
I went one step further and applied 
another glitter polish on top of this one.
5.  Take Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish in Rockstar Pink and go over Sparked.  One coat is all you need.
 6.  Take a brush and acetone and clean up around your nails.
7.  Add topcoat.  I used one coat of Seche Vite.
8.  Let dry and enjoy your fanciful nails!
Additional tips :
*Choose colors that will compliment each other.  Sparked and Rockstar Pink both have purple glitter in them.
* Choose a larger glitter polish to lay down first and a finer glitter polish to use on top of that one.  
*Topcoat is a must to ensure that your glitter mani lasts. I apply a topcoat everyday/every other day.
Experiment and have fun with different colors! 

Off to party like a rockstar,
Cherrie

2 comments:

  1. Your nails look so healthy! Love it! And I love glitter polish. I would totally rock this manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Tina for taking time to read & comment on my blog! I love your work and your mu looks and have been following u for a couple of months now. You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete