Monday, July 25, 2011

Powder & Gloss

I went to Water Tower Place on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago as well and found a Sephora's there.  I managed to do some damage before the store closed for the day.

I picked up two more of the Sephora's Mineral Powder because they were now $5 each.  What a steal.  I had gotten mine for $10 last time.  I picked up the shade that I have now and a lighter shade as well so that I could custom mix them again if I needed to.  

I also picked up another BareMinerals powder.  This time I got the correct shade I needed, but in the Matte line instead.  I have such a hard time controlling oil on my T-zone, so I wanted to give this powder a try.  
While waiting in line, I also saw this Benefit trio that is sold exclusively at Sephora's.  This package comes with two cheek tints and one lip tint.  I haven't tried anything from Benefit before but I was curious about the cheek tint.  I thought this would be a great way to try out several colors before committing to buy.  
 Posietint
 Benetint
 Highbeam
Swatches:  Posietint, High Beam, Benetint
Benetint is a lot sheerer than the other two, even though it is the darker color of the lot.  As you can see on the swatch, it dried almost instantaneously.  You really have to work quickly with this one.

Posietint is a little too sheer for me.  Once blended out on my cheeks, it just disappeared.  I had hoped for a nice flushed look.  Benetint did just that though.  Even though the deep rose color is a little scary, it blended out into a sheer wash on my cheeks.  

I like the coloring of Benetint the most out of these three.  I gave this a try on my lips but I didn't like the drying feeling, which is why I usually don't buy lip stains.  I slathered on lip balm to counteract the dryness after I tried this as a lip stain so I can't testify on the lasting power.

Have you tried these before?  What are your thoughts?

Stained cheeks,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment