Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicago

I am back from my mini-vacation in the Windy City, Chicago.  I had a lot of fun sight seeing and shopping on the Magnificent Mile.  I haven't had time to take pictures of all the things I got yet, but throughout the rest of this week and next week I should have them all up.  I will probably break them up into each specific store I got them from to make things easier. 

But first, I wanted to show you all these super cute Japanese lucky dolls that my mom bought me for my birthday.  I saw a couple of these while in China Town but they didn't have this particular design and colors.  My mom bought these in a little store that specialized in Oriental goods at Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL.  We stopped at this outlet mall before we came back home.  The big one was around $7 and the smaller one was around $4. 
My Japanese Lucky Dolls
Then my mom also bought me a bamboo poster with a beautiful hand stitched Thai lady on it.  This was $19.99 at the same store.  I hung this up next to my ClosetMaid.
And now, here are some sightseeing pictures that I took while I was in Chicago.
Navy Pier
 On the Ferris wheel:
 Navy Pier @ Night
 Shedd Aquarium
 E in front of the Caribbean Display
 Willis Tower Sky Deck
We had such a great time.  I would love to go again.  I love the hustle and bustle of the big city-and all of the city lights.  Next time though, more shopping and less sight seeing. lol. 
From the Windy City,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment