Wednesday, June 29, 2011

NYX Mega Shine Lipglosses

I purchased these eight NYX Mega Shine lipglosses from Ulta.  These were on sale when I purchased them, buy one get one half off, but normally retail for around $5 each.

These are all square tube glosses and come with the standard doe foot slanted applicator.  No SPF unfortunately, but all of them are hypoallergenic.
 NYX Sweet Heart - Silver shimmer & pale pink color
 NYX Golden Pink- Silver shimmer & pink color
 NYX Plush Red - Cream red color
 NYX Crystal Soda - Gold shimmer & pink/peach color
 NYX Cosmo - Very fine holographic shimmer particles & pinky mauve color
 NYX Perfect - Silver shimmer & pale pink color
 NYX Sponge Cake - Silver shimmer & frosty mauve/bronze color
 NYX Sugar Pie - Milky nude pink
 Swatches in natural light:  Sweet Heart, Golden Pink, Plush Red, Crystal Soda, 
Cosmo, Perfect, Sponge Cake, Sugar Pie
 Swatches in shade: Sweet Heart, Golden Pink, Plush Red, Crystal Soda, 
Cosmo, Perfect, Sponge Cake, Sugar Pie
 Swatches in sun:  Sweet Heart, Golden Pink, Plush Red, Crystal Soda, 
Cosmo, Perfect, Sponge Cake, Sugar Pie
These glosses are scented but not flavored.  They smell very fruity, and it reminds me of Cherry flavored Pepto Bismol.  Seriously. lol.  But the scent is not so overpowering when it's on your lips.  The pigmentation is superb on these and in all, I think that they are just plain awesome.  I was most surprised at Plush Red because it swatched so beautifully- a liquid red lipstick!  So pretty.  I also like how the tops of the glosses are little black plastic bows, so very kawaii.  

I heart all of these but I would have to say that my favorites so far are Cosmo and Sweet Heart.  I would recommend these glosses because they are very pigmented and have a high shine factor.  A great deal when they are on sale.  I will definitely repurchase from this line again.

Wishing u cosmic-worthy lips,
Cherrie

3 comments:

  1. I love the Perfect lip gloss. :D

    New follower. :D

    http://monsterprettyinthecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janinay! Thanks for reading, commenting and following! Your blog is neat- I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Ive been wanting to try these for a while!

    ReplyDelete