Saturday, July 2, 2011

My first Mac (online) order for under $100!

There was a thunderstorm last night that knocked down lots of trees and our power went out around 11 pm.  I was going through Blogger withdrawals.  lol.

Anyways, I don't know about you, but whenever I walk into a Mac store, I just overwhelmed.  I get greedy and want to try everything.  And because of this, most of the time I walk back out empty handed.  *sigh*

So this time I thought I would try looking online.  I went to the Mac cosmetics site here.  It's so much nicer being able to take my time and look through everything.  I like shopping online, but I can't swatch any colors.  boo.  The swatches on the website are nice but I don't know how true to life they are.  I had to just go by what was provided online.  There was free shipping on orders over $50 so I also took advantage of that.  

I ordered four eye shadows, one lipstick and one dazzle gloss.  I just received my order on Thursday which was really great shipping time because I had just placed my order on Monday.  I spent around $100 on this purchase, where everything I ordered was priced at $14.50.  This was more than what I would normally spend on cosmetics, but my birthday is coming up (July 10!) so I thought I would treat myself.  (I have to be good to myself, right? lol) 

I only ordered one lipstick because I was worried about the lipsticks melting in the June heat via shipping.  Everything I ordered though came in tact and in a black box with black tissue paper.  
 What I ordered:
 Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme d' Nude
 Mac Lipglass in Lychee Luxe
Swatches of Creme d' Nude and Lychee Luxe
I decided to choose colors that I would use over and over again to get my money's worth.  These are probably the most expensive eye shadows I own (so far).  I choose these because they are mentioned again and again by so many YouTube gurus.  I was most interested in Satin Taupe because so many other people mention it and look for dupes to this particular color. 
MAC Woodwinked
 MAC Satin Taupe
 MAC Brule
 MAC Shroom
Swatches:
 From left to right:  Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Brule, Shroom
What are some of your favorites from Mac?

Lipstick love,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment