Friday, July 15, 2011

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro- Purple Rain

This is Rimmel's nail polish in Purple Rain.  It is a deep purple wine stain for the nails which is perfection for fall but on the nails the color doesn't really translate well.  In different lighting, the color shifts from a dark grape color to an almost black/brown color.
Just look at how shiny this is all by itself!  Yes, that's right, no topcoat in these photos.  Mind you, I did have to put on four coats to achieve this look.  The formula was a little hard to work with.  Upon the first coat, it was streak city.  Then the formula started to gloop up on the brush and it was hard to get a nice even thin coat after that. But after the second coat, I was beginning to glimpse a little bit of the beauty that was in the bottle on my nails.  

I could have left it at just three coats but I wanted dark goth-ness on my nails so I did a last minute four coats.  I almost hesitated with a coat of Seche Vite, because it was so shiny and perfect already by itself.  But I slathered on a coat to just for insurance.  Going on vacation this weekend and don't want to risk any chips. 

Purple love,
Cherrie

2 comments:

  1. I was gonna say it looks more black than purple but I guesss what you said about light hitting it from a certain angle. Very glossy indeed! Somehow, those darker colored nail polishes always give me a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! Yes, I was a little disappointed at the color payoff but it is a nice dark color that anyone can rock. One another note, I just clipped a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free Rimmel London polishes so I am gonna head to Wags and pick out two more colors!
    -Cherrie

    ReplyDelete