Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Frosty Purple & Pink - Tutorial

Hello everyone.  Since I've gotten my Naked palette, I have been neglecting colors.  I decided to do a look today with the baked eye shadows that I bought from Sally's Beauty from last month.  See that blog entry and pictures here.  
 
Here is a quick tutorial for you all to show you what I did to create this look.  I also used all of the baked shadows with a wet brush to get better color pay off.  
1. Prep lids with primer.  I used UDPP.
2.  Take a brush and wet it with water.  Wipe off excess water before dipping it into baked shadow.  
3.  Using the pink baked shadow, 
apply only to the inner corner of eye.
4.  Take the lilac shade from Palladio and 
sweep all over the rest of the lid.
5.  With a clean angled brush, take the darker purple color from Sally's Girl and add it to the outer V.  Blend it into the lilac color.
6.  Go back and blend.
7.  Go back and intensify any colors with a wet brush.  Blend.
8.  Add matte white highlight under the brow bone.  Blend into colors that you just laid down.  Bring matte highlight down near tear duct as well.
9.  Line lids with liquid liner.  I used a dark brown liquid liner.
10.  Add false lashes.  These are from F21.
 Finished look:
I love how pearly the finish is on these shadows, but you do have to use them wet, wet, wet, to get a more intense color.  I also really like this look.  Purples are my favorite color to wear on my lids.  What's yours?

Purple pearly love,

No comments:

Post a Comment