Thursday, June 16, 2011

Butterflies & the Blues

Hi everyone!  Here is my current mani:
This electric blue color is the Sally Hansen polish that I picked up in this post.  I love this color!  It is such a pretty blue.  My only complaint is that it did stain my cuticles, even with the acetone clean up.  Oh, and slight bubbling. *sigh*  

I am really liking this mani though.  I used two coats of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme wear in Blue Me Away.  Then I cut up some fimo canes and applied the blue and white flowers and butterflies to my nails with some clear nail polish.  I used Wet 'n Wild topcoat to seal in the fimo to my nails.  
I only applied the fimo to my ring finger and my thumb-my accent fingers. :)  Fimo can be tricky to wear so here are some tips:
1. Cut them as thin as you can
2. Warm them up with your fingers so that they are more pliable before you apply them to your nail
3. Use an orange stick to help seal the fimo to your nail 
4.  Apply serious layers of topcoat over the fimo to help it stay on your nail and not be lifted off 
5.  File down any sharp edges of fimo with a nail file
 Good luck!

Blown away,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment