Thursday, January 19, 2012

EOS-Shave Cream Review

Hey dolls. There was an awesome deal at Walgreens with the Evolution of Smooth (EOS) shave creams last week.  They were 2 for $6 with $4 back in Register Rewards.  Essentially, you are only paying $1 for each!  By the time I had gotten there though, all that was left were three bottles of Vanilla Bliss.
I have never tried EOS shave creams before this, but I suspected they are something like the Skintimate moisturizing cream shave that I had already reviewed here.
The EOS shave creams come with a standard pump and a cap that pops off.  I discarded the cap when I put this bottle the shower.  I had a hard time getting the pump to work at first and struggled with it in the shower before just giving up and unscrewing the whole thing in order to use it.  After I got out of the shower, I was able to fix the pump.  
Directions are as follows:
I have been using this for a week now and I love how it leaves my skin satiny smooth.  The texture of this shave creme is the same as hair conditioner and I found the vanilla scent delicious, but not too overbearing.  If you are not a fan of the conditioner type shave gel, then these are not for you. 

The only problem that I have with this shave creme is that I found it hard to get an even layer on my legs.  Especially in the shower, some of the creme washes right off if a stream of water hits it just right.  I had to keep smoothing the product on my skin to ensure that my razor wouldn't nick me.  After shaving, I just swiped my hands down my leg to get rid of any excess product.  I also noticed how smooth my legs felt right away.

Final Thoughts 

Pros:  
  • Pump disposes product vs. aerosol can
  • Pleasing scent
  • Moisturizing
  • Affordable
  • Paraben-free
  • Easily washes away in shower
Cons
  • Hard to apply product in even layer on skin
Repurchase?  Maybe, if there was another awesome sale.  I still prefer regular ole' shave gel but these are an acceptable alternative.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I bought this awhile ago and didn't like it at all because it was so hard to apply like you said but, I did like how it left my skin feeling satiny smooth. Its a bummer. I had high hopes for this product. Now I'm back to my regular gel shaving cream.

    ReplyDelete