Tuesday, January 17, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow-Bronzed Taupe

Hello friends.  These shadows from L'Oreal have been all the rage lately and I think that the must-have shade is Bronzed Taupe.
This is pressed pigment shadow and believe me when I say that a little goes a long way.  This isn't quite a pressed shadow or a loose pigment but a happy medium of the two.  I find that a brush doesn't pick up as much color as I would like, so I just use my finger to apply.
There is a plastic covering that should not be discarded as soon as you unscrew the top.  This is because the pigment would dry out. 
The color I picked up is gorgeous.  I usually gravitate towards these type of colors anyways.  Here I swatched it heavily on one side and blended it out more in the next.
I was a little concerned because creme shadows always crease on me because of my oily lids.  I layered on a bit of UDPP and then tried this shade and surprisingly, it did not crease on me at all!  I don't know if I would take the chance and not wear primer underneath it.  L'Oreal claims that this will last 24 hours though I don't think that I will ever get to put that to test.  ^_*

Anyways, here is an everyday look that I created using this shadow.  To make it day time appropriate, I didn't bring up the color very high.  I blended it out on my crease with a blending brush and then placed Max Factor shadow in BFF as a highlight under the brow.  
Of course, the pictures don't do it justice.  It is such a sexy color.  If you were just to get one shadow from this line, it would have to be this one. 

Final Thoughts

Pros: 
  •  Pigmented colors
  • Clear packaging for easy access
  • Variety of finishes available
  • Blends nicely 

Cons:
  • Hard to pick up color with a brush 
  • Expensive at $7 each
  • Bulky packaging- have to stack them in storage
Repurchase?  Yes!  I also picked up two other colors from this line and will be featuring them on the blog soon!
  
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. came across this site and thought of you :)

    http://www.crystalpolish.com

    ReplyDelete