Friday, January 6, 2012

Revlon-Lip Butters Swatches & Review

Hey dolls!  I have finally found the coveted Revlon lip butters where I live.  They had a small display at Target before Christmas, but most of the shades were already gone by the time I had gotten there.  Then-they showed up at Walgreens this month!  Then I remembered that I had coupons for $1 off any Revlon product (clipped from my fashion magazines) at Target so I sauntered back over there to see what shades they had restocked.  

I bought these each for under $5 with the coupons.  It was so hard only choosing two of them to start out with.  I want them all!
This one is Creme Brulee. It is a soft, shimmery nude.  A my-lips-but-better color for me.
The second one I picked up is Peach Parfait. This has more noticeable shimmer particles in it, and has a slight grainy feel on the lips.  Not a deal breaker for me though because the color is gorgeous.  
 Swatch left to right: Creme Brulee & Peach Parfait
I honestly can not decide which one I like better, because they are both so beautiful on.

Went back to Walgreens and got two more this week because all new Revlon products are buy one get one half off til the end of the month.  These are slightly more expensive at Walgreens $7 and some change, versus Target.  But, the display and selection is much better at Walgreens.
Berry Smoothie is more mauve in color with subtle gold shimmer. 
 Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
This is what it applies like on my lips:
And, of course, I couldn't walk away without purchasing Cherry Tart.  This is a red balm with silver shimmer running through it.  Don't let the red color scare you though because this applies very sheer. 
 On lips:
And here are side by side comparison swatches of Berry Smoothie and Cherry Tart.
L-R: Berry Smoothie & Cherry Tart
As you can see, Berry Smoothie is slighter cooler in color than Cherry Tart.  Both winners in my book though.  I love this concept of lip balm in lipstick form.  So cool, especially for the color-shy.
 

Final thoughts

Pros:
  • Beautiful packaging
  • Moisturizing formula
  • Bullet is fully encased in tube (no nicks!)
  • Slanted bullet easy for application
  • Sheer but build-able color  
  • Variety of finishes to choose from
Cons:
  • Wear time is only about an hour for me
  • Shimmer particles in some shades can be slightly gritty
  • Expensive for drugstore at $7 or more
Repurchase?  Yes!  I think that these are so worth the hype.  They apply like a dream and feel so nice on my lips.  I will definitely be adding more to my collection.  If you can find them on sale or have coupons-even better!  Are you liking these as much as I am?
      Best,

      2 comments:

      1. I think drugstore items are getting so expensive!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I know! I have to agree-companies are stepping up their game but do they really have to step up the price too? ;)

        ReplyDelete