Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wet 'n Wild-Juicy Lip Balm Review

Hey dolls.  Have you seen the 2012 collection from Wet 'n Wild at your local drugstores yet?  I spotted an end cap display at my favorite haunt.  I am a lip balm fanatic and when I saw these jumbo lip balms being released, I had to have it.  
These retail for $2.99 at drugstores.  I thought that it was a tad bit pricey for a lip balm, but the packaging got me.  The packaging reminds me of the Hard Candy line.  Of course, I got the cherry flavored one.  
The Cherry one I got smells ah-maz-ing.  So fruity and and tangy.  It reminds me of a cherry flavored Starburst.  

There is about two inches of the fruity bullet encased in the plastic tube, but as you can see, it doesn't go down all of the way into the tube.  You have to be careful to not nick it when opening or closing it.  The cap snaps tightly onto the tube though, so in my purse I feel confident that it won't come undone.  That being said, I think that the packaging is slightly cheap and the twisting part feels pretty flimsy.

Is it tinted?  Slightly so.  Don't expect a lot of color payoff though, especially if you have very pigmented lips like I do. 
The fruity scent dissipates once on the lips and leaves a healthy shine which I really like.

Final Thoughts

Pros:
  • Jumbo size lip balm
  • Tatoo-esque packaging is cute
  • Smells fruity like candy
  • Leaves lips healthy & shiney
  • Variety of flavors available 
  • SPF 15
Cons:
  • Bullet does not enclose fully in package
  • Slightly expensive at $3 a pop 
  • Packaging feels a little bit cheap 
Repurchase?  Yes!  I will definitely try other flavors from this line.  If you are a lip balm fanatic like myself, you might want to check these out for yourself.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment