Monday, September 5, 2011

CoverGirl NatureLuxe Foundation Review

Hello dolls!  Remember when I blogged about the EOS sale at Wags?  Here is what I used my $4 Register Rewards for:
CoverGirl products were buy one get one half off at Wags, so I took my coupon for $5 off any two CG Natureluxe foundations and stacked it with the sale along with my two $4 register rewards.  I literally paid next to nothing for these!  Was especially curious about these because cutie-patootie Taylor Swift is the spokesmodel for this brand.
left: #340 Maple, right #350 Oak
I have found it easier to buy two different shades when products are on sale and custom mix my own shade than try to match myself. lol.  These come in a squeeze bottle with a twist off cap and are infused with jojoba, rose hips and cucumber extract.  I don't really pick up a scent from it when I used it- it just smells clean.  Not bothersome to me.

Anyways, I wore this foundation yesterday for the first time and I have mixed feelings.  The foundation itself is very creamy and consistent.  I used my Elf stipple brush to apply this instead of a sponge.  This foundation only offered me medium coverage.  I could still see some acne marks and scars so I went back in with my concealer and touched up those areas.  Also did a light dusting with my translucent powder from Rimmel to set everything.
Here I am, wearing CoverGirl NatureLuxe foundation in #350, Oak.  Originally thought that this might be too dark but I have gotten some sun and the shade now works for me. 

So what did I not like?  How it actually felt on my face- slick, tacky to the touch, and greasy.  A couple of hours into the wear, I noticed oil accentuation around my t-zone.  I applied another light dusting of the translucent powder to counter this and blotted with 2 oil sheets.  But, much to my dismay, I noticed another greasy t-zone while shopping later that day.  I hate that.  :/

I find that most liquid foundations don't do anything for me and I am very sad that these were a miss as well.  These would probably work better for someone who is looking for fair to medium coverage and doesn't have problematic skin, i.e. scars, acne and/or oiliness.  Not for me.
Love,

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kia, You won my EOS Giveaway. Can you email me at SueLor25@gmail(dot)com to claim your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Sorry to bother you, but I’ve been doing quite a research on this Cover Girl Natureluxe foundation. I’m from Brazil and was intending to get this foundation online, as we don’t have Cover Girl in here. The problem was, I had no idea what color to choose. So I read a bunch of reviews, looked up pictures and did that Temptalia Foundation Matrix thing. But I’m still stuck on choosing among the shades Dune (335), Maple (340) and Oak (350). This post with the swatches was really helpful, but I still want to ask you something. Is Oak much darker than Maple? Because it seems to me that it has more yellow in it, whereas Maple is more on the pinkish side. I’m just not sure how darker than Maple it is. I thought Oak was quite dark, but you seem to have a smilar skintone to mine on these pictures, so I guess it might match me as well.

    For reference, I *think* I'm an NC30/35. The only MAC foundation I have is Studio Fix powder in C4 (perfect match) so I'm not sure. If you could help me, I would really appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that Oak is darker than Maple. If you would like I can pull them out and swatch them again for you, blended and not blended out, etc. Just leave me your email.

      Delete
  3. Really? Aw, thank you so much, that is so nice of you! I don't want to be bothersome, but I'm so lost I will take your help, lol. Thanks! If you could just send me a picture where you think the swatches look realistic enough that will be perfect. Also, do you have another shades of foundations that you use, for reference? Just so I can do some more research, haha.

    My email is paulasflf@gmail.com.

    Really, thank you so much for your time and help! :)

    ReplyDelete