Friday, September 16, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipsticks-Swatches & Review

Hello dolls!  I picked up these two lipsticks in separate hauls, one from Big Lots and one from Target.  I have fallen in love with these ColorBurst lipsticks from Revlon.  
 I'll say it again- the packaging on these is gorgeous.  I love the quilted pattern.  The color swatch at the top of the tube isn't true to life, but still a nice indicator.  The only thing that I don't like is the actual shape of the bullet.  It makes it hard to get into the corners and make a precise line when applying straight from the tube.

Here is Fashion's Night Pout, a soft, muted pink.  I would classify this as a nude for myself.   I bought this one on clearance at Kmart a while ago for around $5. 
 Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Fashion's Night Pout
 Swatch:  Fashion's Night Pout
See how full my lips look like with this color?  I love.

Here is Hazelnut, a shimmery rosey-bronze color.  I bought this for $1.50 from Big Lots.
 Revlon lipstick in Hazelnut
Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Hazelnut
And this one is my favorite out these three, Fuchsia.  I bought this from Target for around $6.
 Revlon lipstick in Fuchsia
Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Fuchsia
It reminded me of my CoverGirl lipstick in Spellbound.  Here I swatched them both for you to compare. 
 Swatches left to right:  Revlon Fuchsia & CoverGirl SpellBound
CoverGirl's Spellbound has more blue undertones, whereas Fuchsia has more pink.  Not exact dupes by any means, but each color plays up different skin tones.  Both are intense, creamy and pigmented.

I will most definitely be purchasing more colors from this line.  These lipsticks have never failed me yet and I love how affordable they are.  What colors are your must haves from this line?  Recommend me some. :) 

Lipstick kisses,

2 comments:

  1. great post I have a couple color burst lipglosses but haven't tried their lipstick. I'll make sure to pick up a few these look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx for reading n commenting. Yes I love lipsticks from this line. Def try them and let me know what u think. ;)

    ReplyDelete