Thursday, September 8, 2011

Knock on Wood-FOTD

Hello!  Here is another look that I did using the Wet 'n Wild ColorIcon trios.  The one I used this time is titled Knock on Wood.
 WnW ColorIcon trio in Knock on Wood
 And here is the look I created using this palette:
 On eyes:  WnW ColorIcon trio in Knock on Wood
I used the light pink browbone color in the inner corner first, then blended the all over mauve color into that.  Using an angled brush, I took the crease color and applied it to my outer v.  Blended into the brown crease color is the light pink browbone color.  I then highlighted with my Max Factor eye shadow single in BFF.  Lashes are from Sonia Kashuk.
Here are some more pictures.  On another note, I think that my real lashes are getting so long.  They are even getting in they way when I apply falsies. lol.  Read up on what I used to get the length on these babies here.
I think that this is such a pretty color combination.  I was a little taken back at first because the brown was so pigmented in the outer v and crease, but the key is to blend, blend, blend.  Also, I tend to stay away from mauve/darker toned pinks because they can make me look like I'm sick, but this palette is heavenly.

I also think that it is a good idea to swatch all of the colors on the back of your hand before you use them so that you get a feel for how pigmented these colors really are.  Then proceed with your look because then you'll know how heavy of a hand to use when dipping your brush into them. For example, in this palette, the browbone color was a little powdery.  I used the spongetip applicator to really pack it on.  And the crease color was super pigmented.  I just barely dipped my brush into the color to use it.

Overall, just another awesome trio from Wet 'n Wild that I am really happy with. 

Ciao bellas,

1 comment:

  1. Nice look. :)

    I like this trio a lot. I use it on it's own and mix and match. The colours are very versatile.

    ReplyDelete