Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Jelly Sandwich!

Hello loves!  This is my current mani- a pink, glitter jelly sandwich!  
 Jelly Sandwich on nails
I used my Sinful Colors polish in Scandal, a pink jelly polish!  Picked this up during the Wag's 99 cent sale.  I was surprised when I used it because I was expecting a creme color, but a jelly is heavenly too!  I didn't even know Sinful Colors had jellys in their collection.   Anyways, I thought it would be perfect to do my first jelly sandwich!  ...Yes, I am a jelly sandwich virgin.  ^_^ 
 Wet 'n Wild polish in Scandal
I paired my Wet 'n Wild polish in Kaleidoscope with this first but thought that the glitter was too small after two layers.  I went fishing in my stash and found this Covergirl polish in Disco Dazzle that I had hauled in August.  I thought that Disco Dazzle's larger holo hex glitter would show up better in between the layers of jelly.  But, it was a pain to apply because the hex glitter was sparse and few in-between on the nail.  Had to do some glitter spot treatment with this before I was fully satisfied.   I also layered on one coat of Seche Vite to seal the deal. 

Breaking it down:
1 coat of SF
1 coat of WnW
1 coat of SF
1 coat of WnW
*not happy w/glitter @ this point
1 coat of SF
1 coat of CG
1 coat of SF
1 coat of SV

omg!  8 coats!?!  That's a record for me.  But not bad for a virgin, eh?  There's always a learning curve.  ^_^

Dazzlin' nails,


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Sinful Colors had jellies, either! lol. Hmmm...now I wanna pick that one up, I really like how jellies look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah- yes, it was a pleasant surprise! This was a nice one. I hope to discover more from them!

    ReplyDelete