Saturday, April 21, 2012

Urban Decay-Lash Primer Potion

Hello friends.  Here is the review of the Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion that I promised.
I ordered this last month when Urban Decay had their Friends & Family sale.  I have been wearing primer underneath my mascara for as long as I can remember.  I find that it helps add that extra oomph for me, especially when I am just donning mascara for school and work and forgoing the falsies.

I was intrigued when I took out the wand and noticed the little fibers in the formula.  I have never tried a mascara with fibers before but have heard and read about them.   You can see the fibers in the wand below:
I was a tad worried about the fibers only because I am a contact lens wearer and had read about some people who had experienced irritation because of them.  Luckily, I had no problems with this primer potion.  See what Urban Decay has to say about the fibers in their primer:
The primer is white as you can see, and it does tint your lashes white once applied on the lashes.
 Wearing UD Lash Primer Potion
When I'm doing my morning makeup routine, I apply this primer to both eyes and then move on to blush while I wait for it to dry.  Then I go back and do two coats of mascara.
 Wearing mascara over UD Lash Primer Potion
(I always comb through my lashes with a lash comb after apply mascara to get rid of clumps.)  My lashes would be stick straight and skinny without this extra step.  I don't think that I would ever go back and just use only mascara.  


Here is what my lashes look like with only mascara on:
As you can see, they need all of the extra length and volume they can get.
Final thoughts

Pros:
  •  Fibers help extend lashes 
  • Wand is small enough to get into corners and small lashes
  •   Cute & sturdy packaging

Cons:
  • White wand will gets dirty quite easily
  • Expensive at $20
Repurchase? Sure.  I am having lots of fun using it and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.  What do you think about primers under mascara?  Do you need this extra step?

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment