Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elf-Matte Lip Color in Rich Red

Hello there dolls.  Here is a recent $3 find at Target that came home with me.
Ya'll know me...I'm a sucker for red lips.  And matte red lips.  Yes ma'm, I think I will. 
The color twists up from the tube, so there is no need for constant sharpening.  I also like how the end of the tube is tinted red so you know which one to grab in a hurry.
Here are swatches of the color, taken under my Ottlite.
And here it is on my lips:
*sigh*  Beautiful, no?  Then, I thought that I would pull out my Mac lipstick in Ruby Woo for comparisons. 
Mac Ruby Woo (left) & Elf Rich Red (right):
Elf's formula is much creamier and easier to work with.  Ruby Woo tends to cake up on me if I apply too much/reapply as the night wears on.  Ruby Woo is also drying because it is a true matte color, whereas Rich Red might fare better (as far as moisturizing) because it is creamier.  Rich Red is not quite as matte as I would like though, but I'm sure that blotting on tissue paper could remedy that. 

Final thoughts

Pros:
  • Inexpensive @ $3 each
  • Delivers rich, pigmented color
  • Twist-up auto sharpening
  • Other colors available for purchase
Cons:
  • Not quite as matte as I would like
Repurchase?  Yes.  I think that I might like to try some of the other colors available in this range.  What do you think? 
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment