Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Elf Nail Polish Remover Pads-Review

Hello dolls.  Today I am reviewing the Elf nail polish remover pads for you all.  These can be purchased at Target for just $1. 
The pads come in a little plastic jar that twists open.  There are 18 pads total that are soaked in citrus scented nail polish remover.  The citrus scent is pretty strong, and some might find it off putting, but I can appreciate that it isn't the traditional polish remover scent.
The cap twists off and you pick up one pad at a time for use.   I had to use at least two pads, one for each hand, in order to take off a full manicure.  You do have to scrub a little bit and find an unused surface on a new piece of the pad for each finger but they did the job.  

I'm not sure that I would use these with glitter polishes as I don't think that these would suffice.  I do find that these pads are a little greasy- I had to wash my hands afterwards because I didn't like how it felt.  In fact, you would have to wash your hands afterwards if you were planning on putting on another manicure right away.

I do have one gripe-and it's about the packaging.  It's so cheap!  I am honestly a little hesitant to throw this into my purse because I'm afraid it will come open or leak all over my things.  I do want to carry it with me though because I hate it when my nails chip.  If they chip, I'm one to start picking at them.  I would just rather take off the polish than wear chipped polish.  Anyways, I just put my container into a little snack baggie in order to avoid any leaks or uncapping.

Final Thoughts

Pros:
  • Affordable at only $1
  • Nourishing
  • Removes regular nail polish with ease
  • Citrus scented
Cons:
  • Only 18 in a package-(why not 20?)
  • Cheap packaging
  • Leaves fingers greasy
  • Citrus scent
Repurchase?  Yes, apart from the cons, these are convenient and affordable when I'm traveling or on the go. 
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment