Friday, April 8, 2011

Word of Mouth

I believe that one thing that every woman should own is a red lipstick.  I love the timeless look of red lips paired with a simple winged black liner to channel old Hollywood glamour.

Pictured here is a new Revlon lipstick in Ruby I bought on clearance for $2.70. Below is a swatch of the color.  

I also picked up a new Revlon Colorburst lipgloss, this one in Crystal Lilac.  Both of these glosses are on the shimmery side, but Peony is more so.  I picked these two colors because I like more neutral colors that I can wear everyday.  Crystal Lilac is pictured on the left and Peony is pictured on the right.   

 I first tried Peony from this line and I loved the look and the color so much that I knew I had to go back for more.  These glosses were $6.49 each but I had coupons for $1 off any Revlon product, so I saved a dollar each time I bought one.  

When I first tried Crystal Lilac I didn't like it as much as I thought it would.  It felt too sticky on my lips, although this could be because there is more pigment in this color than Peony.  Yesterday, I topped it off with a new lipstick and I ended up really liking the color combo!  I don't think that I will be wearing this gloss alone, but rather paired with some color underneath.

The lipstick I paired Crystal Lilac with is the one on the right in this picture:

These two lipsticks are from the Maybelline ColorSensational line.  On the right is Fruit Punch and the one on the left is Born with It.  Fruit Punch looks really bright in the tube, but it goes on pretty sheer.  You really have to build it on your lips to get the true color, but it's a really fun color to wear when you're out on the town.  On the other hand, Born with It looks more matte in the tube, but on my lips it is too shimmery.  I thought that I would really like it because it looked like the perfect shade of nude pink.  Pairing it with the Crystal Lilac gloss won me over.  I think I will be wearing this color combo again today on my lips.  :)

Happy Bargaining,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment