Saturday, April 16, 2011

Elf Bronzer Review

I picked up this new Elf Health Glow Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan from Target for $1.00.  I had originally gotten it because I had watched nicoleloveslipstick on Youtube and she had raved about it.
See it here: nicoleloveslipstick
This bronzer has some shimmer so I had thought that it would work better as a highlighter instead of contouring powder, but once it's blended out, it looses some of the shimmer.  One thing that was off putting when I tried to use it was how powdery it was:

I had just barely dipped my brush into the powder and it just dissolved.  I had to tap a lot of it off my brush before I could use it.  The excess powder is the only con though.  I like the color on me and it blends out really well.  I have been using it every day since I've gotten it.  

I also picked up the Elf Studio line Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder duo for $3.00 at Kmart.  The black case looks like the Nars ones, but doesn't quite have the rubbery feel that Nars does.  There is also a bit of a shimmer to both colors in this duo.  I tried the contouring color and like the other bronzer, there was a dissolving of the color once my brush hit it.  This left a lot of powder and residue on the case.  The contouring color that is in this duo is a little too dark for my face.  But I like the blush color in this duo because it is a very pretty pink.  I have not tried any of the blushes from the Elf line yet, but this one looks promising.

Bronzed and blushed,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment