Thursday, April 28, 2011

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Review

I picked up this foundation from Maybelline from my previous Walgreens haul with the bogo sale.  I was using Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation when they first came out with it and I liked it enough to go through two jars of it.  But then I switched to mineral makeup and never went back since.  

Lately I have been watching a lot of Youtube gurus and they have been reviewing and raving about the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse.  I was curious about the product so I picked it up as well while I was at Walgreens.


I picked up the color Buff in #260.  So I was surprised and a little taken back when I opened up this product because I was expecting the light mousse formula I was used to instead of a cream foundation.  The packaging describes it as an"ultra-hydrating, cream whipped foundation."  :/  I swatched a little bit on the back of my hand when I got home and it seems a little sheer to me.  I prefer foundation that provides a lot of coverage.  

The packaging, like the FitMe foundation, has a separate compartment for the sponge applicator so I like that.  This compartment lifts up, but the foundation compartment twists off. lol. I was confused trying to open it.  I was also expecting more product because of the packaging, but a little disappointed when I twisted off the foundation and saw how much I actually had.  I feel like you would probably hit pan too soon if you want good coverage from this foundation.  Also a con, there is no mirror on the top of the compact.  :(

I used this foundation today and used a regular makeup sponge to apply the foundation instead of the little sponge included with the foundation.  I was expecting the foundation to be a creamy solid so I dabbed a lot of foundation onto the sponge.  That was a mistake because I ended up with a lot of product on my face.  The foundation melts from the cream form into an almost liquid form on the skin.  It took me a while to blend it out but I think that that was because I had too much product on my sponge.  I set this foundation with my BareMinerals powder and Elf stipple brush.  I also noticed that I was also really oily around my nose area a couple of hours after using it.  Not cool. After using it, I just don't see what all the hype was about because I could do without this product.

Dreaming of the perfect foundation,
Cherrie


No comments:

Post a Comment