Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Urban Decay-Theodora Oz Palette

Hi dolls.  Today I am showing you one of the new palettes released by Urban Decay.  These palettes were created after the Disney Movie, Oz the Great and Powerful.  (I can't wait to see it by the way!)
I picked up the Theodora palette as those colors spoke to me the most.  This palette includes more neutral shades, thus being more wearable for everyday.  The makeup junkie collector that I am though, wants to go back for the Glinda palette too-just to have it.
The packaging is quite gorgeous.  It is a sturdy tin with the UD, Disney logo and movie titled raised on the cover.  I absolutely love it.  It is very travel friendly as it fits rather nicely in the palm of your hand.  These palettes retail for $49 each.

You get six shadows and a 24/7 eye pencil, along with a lip crayon.
The six shadows are beautiful and nothing less than the best.  UD never ceases to amaze me with their quality and packaging.  

You get four full size shadows, one of which is matte and two shadows that have two shades in each pot.  The pots are also made that they can be popped out and other colors substituted in from the UD line, which is very handy and good thinking on their part.  

Below are swatches of all the shadows, going from top to bottom, left to right:  
I swatched these all by themselves on the underside of my arm, with no primer underneath.  The colors are all gorgeous, with beautiful pigmentation.  No disappointment here.

I also swatched the lip color and the liner, Zero, for you while I was at it:
The lip crayon is a bright, vibrant, glossy red.  I found it easy to work with and very creamy.
Because it is so creamy though, I noticed some feathering right away when I put it on.  It's hard to be precise with this lip crayon because it is so big.  Getting into the corners and doing the cupid's bow might be tricky if you're not used to it.   Otherwise, it's very pigmented and very flattering.

Also, the 24/7 liner is one of the first liners that I have tried from UD.  I really want to try Perversion, but $18 for one eye liner is a lot of money.  I was kind of glad to be able to try out the formula with Zero, even if it's not very black.  

I did a look with this palette the day I got it, but the pictures didn't turn out so well, so I won't post them.  I will just recreate them for you at a later time this month.  :)

Are you going to watch the movie this weekend?  I'm excited to go see it

Love,
 

1 comment:

  1. I saw "Oz The Great and Powerful" this past Saturday and I really enjoyed it. I kept looking at Glinda, Theodora and Evanora's makeup. LOL I don't have either of the two palette's though, but if I were to get one it would be Theodora. Those colors speak to me the most.

    ReplyDelete