Monday, March 25, 2013

Hard Candy-Gummy Green

Hi dolls.  I picked up one of the new polishes from the Hard Candy line at Walmart.   The one I chose was Gummy Green, a mint green jelly polish with black and white circle glitter.
It gives you the look of a jelly sandwich without all of the layering.  I did use three coats to achieve this opacity, and topped it off with one coat of Seche Vite.
The packaging of the new polishes did change, and no longer sport the plastic heart shaped ring on top.  Now it is a simple round bottle with a black lid on top and a sticker stating the name of the polish.  I can say I do appreciate the new slimmer, sleeker design, but it does make seeing the color a bit harder depending on how you store your polishes.
The formula was fine, not too gummy and not too sheer.  There wasn't anything special about the brush too, not something to write home about, but definitely workable.  I didn't have to go fishing for glitter in this polish and it applied smoothly and evenly for me. 
I saw swatches of more of the line on another blog, and I do have in mind another color to add to my collection, but we shall see.  Do you have anything from the newly revamped Hard Candy line yet?

Always,

1 comment:

  1. I might be tempted to pick some of these up if the Walmart(s) near me ever get them! I've seen the Hard Candy swatches on several blogs and I'm just waiting to see them in person to see if I have to have any. This is a pretty nice swatch and I think I'm really liking the circle glitters right now, but I am not a fan of jellies at all. Yes, I know - a rarity. LOL

    ReplyDelete