Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Favorite Products of 2011

Hello dolls.  I thought that I would create this post instead of my usual "Currently Obsessed With..." post this month.  

This year, I have had a lot of products that have totally failed me and some that I have fallen in love with.  This post is dedicated to 11 of my new-found loves in honor of 2011.

1.  Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
This stuff is seriously awesome.  Pretty much the only topcoat that I use for my manicures.  I love how it takes care of bubbles and how it quickens up dry time almost instantaneously.   Whenever I find it on sale, I stock up because these usually run anywhere from $8 to $10!

 2.  Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
I carry this around with me in my purse with a small kabuki brush for quick touch ups.  I blot first with my Elf blotting tissues, then apply this with the brush in a circular motion.  I like it because it instantly mattifies my face without caking up.  I would only recommend this if you are fair to medium in complexion, because even though this claims to be translucent powder, it is rather light.

3.  Epielle Cleansing Tissues
These are awesome and with the tiny price tag, they won't put a dent in your wallet.  I stock up on them at my nearest Big Lots- $1 for the small pack (30 wipes) and $2 for the big pack (60 wipes).  They come in different scents besides green tea, but I like green tea the best.  The tissue is super soft but won't leave stray fibers all over your face like the Dollar Tree brands.  In addition, the formula is super gentle and cleans like a dream.  I also use these to wipe off eye makeup and eye liner and they do not irritate my usually sensitive eyes.  Plus-they smell awesome!  I would recommend these wipes to anyone looking to try a new brand of makeup remover wipes!
These are my #1 favorite drugstore lipsticks (Maybelline comes in at a close 2nd).  These CoverGirl lipsticks are crazy pigmented and they last forever on your lips.  I hardly have to reapply at all.  The CoverGirl line also has a great range of colors from your fun fuchsias to your simple neutrals.  Check out this line if you are looking for a great, affordable lipstick.

5.  RapidLash

This stuff really does work!  I have been using it ever since I got it- and it's pretty much on it's last leg, but I can really see the length it has given my lashes.  I will be repurchasing another tube as soon as I am down to my very last drop.

This has quickly become my favorite blush, but I use it very sparingly because it is limited edition *boo*  I only pull it out for special occasions because it gives me a beautiful natural looking flush of color.  It is very pigmented so you do only need a little but the hoarder in me still cringes every time I dip my brush into it. lol

This color is such so versatile for me.  As of late, I have been wearing it in my outer v and blending it in with my CoverGirl shadow single in mink.  It really is a very pretty taupe color and very affordable at that.  

8.  Sonia Kashuk Full Glam Lashes
 
These are my #1 favorite false lashes.  I love how full and voluminous they are and how they really open up my eyes.  These run for about $4.99 at Target but I always stock up when Target has printable coupons online for $1 off Sonia Kashuk items.  

9.   Yes2Carrots Body Butter
Love.This.Stuff.

10.  Clindamycin Lotion
This stuff has saved my skin.  Literally.  My doc prescribed this to me back in June and I have been using it sparingly at night.  All you need is a pea-sized amount.

11.  Nail Polish!
It was so hard for me to just pick out just one color that I loved this past year-so I just choose all of them.  I have to admit that in just one year I have collected an embarrassing amount of nail polish-even more than what is pictured here.  And I expect the madness to continue well into 2012.  lol


What are some of your favorites from this year? Do tell!
xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment