Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Epielle-Facial Mask Review

Hey dolls.  I picked a couple of these facial masks from Epielle (who also make the make up wipes that I love) from Big Lots for just 60 cents each!  
I had never tried these facial masks before so to see them for such a great price was like hitting the jackpot.  These masks are very popular in Asia and I had read and seen them featured on a couple of blogs that I follow so these peaked my interest.
These masks come in different flavors and scents.  I picked up two of each: cucumber, citrus and aloe.  

The mask pictured above is the cucumber one.  It really does smell like cucumbers!  Love this.  The mask itself is really rather wet when you take it out of the package.  I almost wanted to squeeze out the excess back into the package, but then I don't know what I would have done with it. lol.  So I just left it as is and I used it the way it was. 

The packaging says to leave on the mask for twenty to thirty minutes.  I had a hard time smoothing down the mask onto my face.  Some parts of it would lift off- like around my eyes and the bridge of my nose.  I would have to press it back down to make contact with my skin.

I thought that maybe the mask would harden and become stiff, but it didn't.  (Remember-I've never used these before!)  It was still rather moist when I peeled it off.  I just discarded it into the garbage, but noticed that after most of the moisture evaporated off of my face, it felt so smooth!  My skin was so supple and baby soft.

I feel like these might be too rich for everyday use, especially with my oily skin.  I plan on using them once a week and probably on the weekend to relax and unwind. Also, these would be best time to use before bed.  

Would I repurchase?  Yes, because they are so affordable and they leave my skin soft.  Unfortunately, I went back to Big Lots a couple of weeks later, and I couldn't find them anywhere.  :(


Final thoughts:
4/5

Pros
  • Great scents and variety of flavors available for purchase
  • Affordable!
  • Leaves skin soft and supple w/o breaking me out
Cons
  • Hard to find in stores
  • Mask is over-saturated 
Have you tried these facial masks before?  Let me know of any other brands that you think I should try!
Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment