Saturday, January 5, 2013

Makeup Tag-If All of My Makeup Got Stolen...

Hi dolls.  So, today I thought that I would do the "If all of my makeup got stolen" tag that has been going around Youtube instead of just a post about my most used items in 2012.  Let's face it-if it is on my most used items list, I would probably repurchase it anyways right? 
So, let's get started.  I tried to think of things that I could complete a whole look with instead of just random things that I love.  I choose to do 12 products, in honor of 2012.  Some of these products you have already heard me mention time and time again, but there are also some new ones that might surprise you.  Also, I didn't include anything that was limited edition, just because I don't think that's fair.  All of the products that I mention are from the core lines, something that you could find anywhere.

First up, eye products...

Wet 'n Wild Single in Creme Brulee
I use this shadow just about every day to highlight my brow bone.  I like it because it's matte and it goes with everything.  I believe that each of these singles are only $1.99.

CoverGirl Shadow Single in Mink
This is a color that I have been wearing since high school.  I wear it as an all over lid color.  It's a shimmery and light color that looks good on just about everybody.  This can also be found at any drugstore for under $4.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
I fell in love with this color when these little gems came out at drugstores in 2012.  Bad to the Bronze delivers awesome color that truely lasts all day.  I wear it alone all of the time, especially when I'm in a hurry to get to work.  It's super easy to blend out and the color can be intensified for a super smokey eye effect as well.  As you can see,  I've hit pan on this baby, and it hasn't dried up on me yet.  Definitely a repurchase product for me.

Urban Decay Primer Potion
This is one product that I definitely have to have in my daily makeup case.  I have oily lids and this is my holy grail.  I always, always, always wear primer whenever I do my eye makeup-even if the product boasts "crease-proof" or "smudge-proof".  Yeah right.  I'm not taking any chances.

Wet 'n Wild Liquid Liners
If you've been reading my blog for a long time, you will know that these are my must-haves.  I always wear linerMy look just isn't complete without liner.  These are always in my makeup kit-the dark brown and the black liquid liners.  I wear the dark brown on a daily basis and the black liner when I am going out or vamping in up.
Avon Heated Lash Curler
I bought this lash curler from Avon for over a year now, and have been using it ever since.  I don't even bother with the traditional lash curlers anymore.  This one uses one AAA battery.  It heats up fairly quick and leaves my lashes curled to perfection.  I would recommend this product to any girl with stick straight lashes.  
 
LashGrip Eyelash Adhesive
I love false lashes, and wear them often enough to know that this is the glue for me.  I have tried the Lash Duo adhesive too, but I don't like it as much as this one.  It just lasts longer for me, and I don't have the lash corners that lift up as often as I do with the Lash Duo.  I think this one might also be cheaper too, correct me if I'm wrong.

Next up, face products...

Too Faced Primed & Poreless
I had only recently bought this but it was so worth it.  This primer leaves my skin feeling like silk after I use it.  I love how it makes my makeup look.  It is $15 for a bottle, but I have not found any drugstore primer that is quite up to par with this.

Wet 'n Wild Tinted Moisturizer in Sun Kissed
I really haven't found the HG perfect foundation for me yet, and so I wasn't really sure what I would repurchase if I had absolutely nothing.  But this product came to mind-my WnW tinted moisturizer.  I have been using it consistently since summer.  It doesn't break me out and it provides just a sheer wash of color that isn't heavy or cakey.  I just use my fingers to blend it out and don't even bother with brushes or sponges.  I do brush on a powder though, afterwards, just to seal everything in.

Nars blush in Orgasm
If I could only wear one blush for the rest of my days, I would choose Nar's Orgasm.  This one is a cult favorite among many beauty gurus, and it is very easy to see why.  It's a beautiful color that leaves a lovely flush on the cheeks-thus the name.  It also looks good on just about everybody. It is a bit pricey, at around $27 but one that I will repurchase time and time again without hesitation.

 MAC lip color in Ruby Woo
Red statement lips have come to be kind of my signature look.  And to complete those statement lips,  I could not do it without this lip color from MAC.  Ruby Woo is a beautiful matte red that can instantly makes any woman stand taller, feel sexier and strut confidently down any catwalk.  Yes, you can find a red lipstick at just about any drugstore-but this particular one holds a special place in my heart.  

And that sums up my repurchase post.  12 products that I would repurchase without a doubt if all of my makeup got stolen.  I hope that you liked this post, and I tag you to do the same post if you haven't already!  

Happy 2013, and my warmest regards to you this year.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment