Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strawberry Nails

Hello dolls.  I got a bit inspired the other day so I took out all of my nail art supplies and this is what I decided to do:
Yup.  Strawberry nails.  I attempted this one other time, but they turned out quite atrocious as I did not have any patience nor the knowledge. lol... Much better this time around.  

The pink I used was from NYC's line in Greenwich Village:
This is a standard pink creme.  I did three coats for these pictures.  The formula was a little thin, but nothing too bad.  I topped it off with one coat of Seche Vite to speed things up.
Then, I took Sinful Colors Innocent (green) and Unicorn (pastel yellow) to create the leaves and seeds.  I used a thin paintbrush that I bought from Michael's to painstakingly paint the leaves - even on my right hand!  Then, I took the smallest dotting tool I had and dotted on the seeds. 
You do have to be very patient and wait for the dots to be quite dry before you do topcoat.  Got lots of compliments and oohs & aahs when I wore it to school and work.

Overall, I am very pleased with my latest nail art attempt.  It feels nice to be back at it again. ^_*

Always,

2 comments:

  1. This is really good.I wish I had the patient to do something so cute like this on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute strawberry nails!! ^^

    ReplyDelete