Friday, August 9, 2013

L'Oreal-Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundatioon Review and Swatches

Hello dolls.  Today I will be reviewing the L'Oreal Magic Nude foundation.  I have been testing this out all week and am ready to give you my final thoughts on it.
I got mine at Ulta, but you can find this in anywhere.  I had seen several other people try this foundation on Youtube and they really liked it so I had to try it for myself.

The product comes in a glass bottle with an ombre effect on the packaging.  This is a very liquidy product, and so the cap just comes off with a twist top.   

The shade that I picked out for myself was #322 or Sand Beige.  This is a tad too light for me, but with bronzer and powder I can make this shade work.
The directions on the back of the bottle tell you to use your fingers to apply this on instead of a sponge or brush.  I guess that makes sense.  

This is a liquid to powder foundation-and if you used a sponge or a brush, they would probably soak up all of the pigmentation instead of applying it on your face.
When you start to blend it out, it feels very silky and smooth, almost like you are putting on a primer.  I was really impressed, because it looks airbrushed on your skin.  It does set fairly fast as well, because there is alcohol in this product.  The alcohol evaporates on your skin, and leaves behind the pigments, giving you a powder finish.
I like how this foundation applies and feels upon initial application.  But that's where my love for it stops.  :(

I am an oily gal, and this foundation did not help with oil control at all.  Even with a setting powder, my oil still seeped through, especially around my nose and forehead after a couple of hours.  I would look in the mirror and my face would look like a grease ball.  I would have to blot at least twice a day if I wanted to look presentable.  It wasn't that hot this week either, around upper 70's only and I was only going to work in my classroom, so I had a lot of expectations for this foundation.

Also, I would say that this is only a light to medium coverage foundation.  I had to go back in and conceal some redness and blemishes, but other than that, it is a very lightweight foundation.  I didn't feel cakey or like I had a ton of foundation on.

After using this product every day for a week this week, I have to say that I am throwing in the towel and returning this bad boy.  It's just not worth it to me.  I like a foundation that looks better as the day goes on, not a foundation that makes me look greasy.  

Overall, I would recommend this product to someone who has drier or more mature skin than mine because I, for one, did not like it very much.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment