Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kardashian Khroma-Khloe's Kardazzle Face Palette

Hi dolls.  I don't know about you guys, but I am secretly obsessed with the Kardashians.  I have been watching their reality tv show since about forever, and I love it!  So imagine my surprise when I saw that their Khroma collection was finally in stores at Ulta!
I picked up Khloe's Kardazzle face palette because it appealed to me the most.  Yes, the neutrals were calling my name.  Kim's palette, of course, contained a ton of smokey grays and blacks, which I don't wear so often.  Sorry I forgot to snap a picture of it in the store for you guys.
Packaging wise, the palette is mostly made up of cheap plastic.  Kind of a disappointment.  Sorry guys.  The snake skin effect is also kind of lame-oh for me.  There is also a small mirror included on the flip top case, but no useless brush (thank-you).  It also snaps shut securely.

Here is a closer look at the shadows that were included in the set.  The top row are all matte colors, and the bottom row are all shimmery/frosty colors.  In all, a nice mixture that you can play with to create different looks.
 up close:
Underneath the shadows, slides out a tray with two blushes and a highlighter.  
The middle highlighter shade is like nothing that I have in my own collection.  It is super frosty looking so I use this with a very light hand.  

Here are swatches of the top shadows on bare skin, shot under my Ottlite: 
And here are swatches of the bottom shadows on bare skin, also shot under my Ottlite:
The blushes and highlighters, swatched on bare skin, shot under my Ottlite:
Pigmentation wise, the shimmery/frosty shadows fair a lot better than the mattes.  The mattes might even be disappointing to some-especially if you have a darker skin tone.

Overall, I think that this particular palette was so-so.  I paid around $12 for this set and I'm glad that it didn't cost any more or I would have just set it back down. 
 
While I was there, I also picked up a set of false lashes.  This particular set reminded me of a set of Asian lashes that I purchased from a vendor a while ago.  I will let you know how I like them when I wear them. :)
 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment