Friday, May 31, 2013

May-Currently Obsessed With...

Hi dolls.  Welcome to this month's edition of Currently Obsessed With...

Here is what I have been favoriting this month:

OPI Nail Envy
So, I know that was going on and on and on about the Orly one earlier this year, but that was because I had never tried OPI's Nail Envy.  Seriously, this stuff rocks my socks.  

I bought it at Ulta, and it was twice the amount of just one regular OPI polish but so totally worth it.  I noticed that when I wear two coats of this as my base coat, my mani lasts and lasts!  No other base coat primer ever did that for me, ever.  I noticed that I don't have any chipping on day two of wear and it just does wonders at locking down any color that I put down on top of it.  This has changed my nails, and how often I do my nails.  

I always do two coats-and I have been using it all throughout this month, but see how it looks like I've barely dipped into it all?  I love it.  This stuff also dries super quick for impatient people like moi.  Can't say enough about it-ladies-you need this in your life.

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Conditioner
I got this sample size from an Ulta purchase a while ago, and never really paid much attention to it until earlier this month when I was going through my samples drawer.  

This stuff is so awesome.  I thought that it would come out like a spray, but it's actually the consistency of watered down hair conditioner.  It doesn't have a heavy, noticeable scent to me, and it leaves my hair shiny and soft.   What I do is concentrate this on the ends of my towel dried hair, even though the directions say to use all over.  

After I spray it through my ends, I just use a brush and work it all through the rest of my wet hair that way.  I never blow dry my hair and just go to sleep with it wet.  The next morning, I notice that my hair doesn't have as many tangles and knots and it's super soft.  Of course, then I begin the assault on my hair with heat tools. lol.  

I peeked at Target to see how much a regular bottle of this would cost me, and I almost fell over.  The 4 oz bottle is around $20, and the even bigger bottle was around $35!  Geez.  I'm glad that I got to try this for free.  I might consider purchasing the 4 oz bottle, but we'll see.

Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in Vivid Rose
I think that I might have already mentioned this lipstick in a previous Obsessed post, but I just can't help it.  I love this color.  You can see from this new photo of it how well loved it is.  It's a little beat up because it was in my purse, a little melted from the heat, and swiped so many times on my lips.  Can't get enough of this luscious color!

Avon Smooth Minerals Lipstick in Gilded Rose
Oh man.  This is my all time favorite lipstick of the year.  This lipstick has been living mostly in my purse because I love it that much.  It's a great nudey-pink, but it's not too pink, and it goes with everything!   It's so moisturizing, and it's a color that I think is really wearable and daytime appropriate.  I had to mention it because it might be showing up in a Running on Empty post soon.  

Banana Boat Summer Color Self Tanner
Okay, so this is the drugstore self tanner that I had been really wanting to try out, even before I had picked up the L'Oreal ones...but I just couldn't find it anywhere.  Then, when I was at Target earlier this month, they were on the shelves.  I believe it was around $7 for this tube. 

I like this self tanner MUCH better than the L'Oreal one.  I noticed that the L'Oreal one fades really blotchy and uneven.  Banana Boat's is a much more a true lotion and it doesn't have the obnoxious smell that the L'Oreal one does.  It still has a scent, but it's not quite as bad.  I am planning on a full review, so more on this product later.

Pandora
I know Pandora has been around for like, forever...but I'm seriously all about it this month.  I mentioned that I have been working out and exercising a lot more, and Pandora has been my best friend.  I like to also listen to it when I do my makeup in the mornings and when I take a shower.  I listened to it so much on my IPhone that I got an email message telling me that I only had so-and-so many minutes left for this month until I had to upgrade.  :(  So, then I downloaded the Pandora app on my Kindle so that I could still listen to it in the mornings when I do my makeup.  :)


That's what I have been obsessed with this month!  These are things that I have been constantly reaching for and using.  I'm also still using the Lorac Pro palette pretty much everyday, but you guys already knew that I have been in love with that since Day One. 

What have you been loving this month?  Let me know down below!

xoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. Do you think Nail Envy helps with peeling nails? My nails have been peeling like crazy lately and I don't know what to use now. I was using Orly Nail Defense when my nails were growing good and now that doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to be trying out Nailtique (just ordered from Amazon) to see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it would. I have been obsessed with it!

      Delete