Monday, June 25, 2012

Rimmel-Kate New Lipsticks 09 & 06

Hey friends.  I came across a display for the new Rimmel London Kate lipsticks the other day, and two of them came home to live with me. 
I choose numbers 09 and 06 because these were the shades that stuck out to me the most.  I was thisclose to getting the smokey shade as well, but I wanted to try these by themselves first.  I might go back and get it just for the novelty of it-but first things first...

Here is a closer look at number 06:
 Swatch:
This one was an immediate favorite upon purchase-but on the lips it doesn't quite have that wow factor for me.  For one-it's not very pigmented.  It applies unevenly because it is so lip-balm like and for these photos, I had to go back and forth quite a bit for it to look decent.  It is also a tad more neon in real life.  

Here is number 09:
 swatched 06 & 09:
Now this is a lovely, bold berry color that I was not expecting.  I love how pigmented this was and how creamy it applied.  I can't wait to sport this on a night out.

The one thing that I don't get is why they didn't just name the colors instead of assigning numbers to them.  Annoying.  

Do you plan on picking any of these new lippies up?

Kisses,

2 comments:

  1. i have 001 and hate the shade now! These look much nicer...!

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pics! i love that first one on you :D

    ReplyDelete